Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

applications

• Please log in to reply

nicole32

nicole32

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have a zte merit and when my apps.Automatically update on my phone they won't finish updating because it says I need to install Google play services, when I try to install it I get the error message that says, insuffient space, can you help me fix this problem please?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

To help keep costs as low as possible, the ZTE Merit comes with very limited storage space. To help alleviate this problem, move as much as possible to a SD card. (It can hold up to a 32GB card).

Even with that though you can still run into the problem of insufficient space. You just have to accept the fact that you can't install that many apps on a phone with limited space. Prioritize your apps, uninstalling all those you don't really need.

nicole32

nicole32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
My phone doesn't have a SD card, and I'm talking about the apps. That automatically updates on your phone like, Google +, facebook, google play music etc. I don't have any trouble downloading anyting on my phone, just apps. Finishing updating. And all the apps. that are on my phone are supposed to be on there.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

The solution for insufficient space is sufficient space. So, either delete some of whatever is taking up space or add more space.

SelenaAnderson3387

SelenaAnderson3387

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

It seems your phone base ROM is very limited in size and for updates, it requires more space. There are two solutions, first of all, you can root your phone and install system files on a separate memory card other one is to change your phone and get a new one with bigger Rom space.

PurpleRabbit84

PurpleRabbit84

• Pip
  • 7 posts

They don't update because you don't have enough space on your phone. Just buy a new SD card as SpywareDr suggested. They are really cheap nowadays.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Seems to be an echo in here. ;)