Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with chrombook after installing Linux mint

Linux mint Chromebook Firmware Keyboard Bios

Best Answer Ralph’s ambitions , 12 April 2018 - 11:08 AM

I found out the reason why my chromebook keyboard was not responding after doing a lot of research is because approx 4.0 kernel is needed, and linux mint, xubuntu are not supported systems, however... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Ralph’s ambitions

Ralph’s ambitions

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Whenever I log into Linux the keyboard nor mouse doesnt work, but the output mouse and keyboard work fine. Mrchromebox firmware doesnt start up os automatically, I have to go to boot maintenance manager, boot file, and choose a .efi file in order to properly boot. I can start up fine but it wont shut down or reboot, it will go black screen and stay like that forever. Plz help

Advertisements

Ralph’s ambitions

Ralph’s ambitions

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
✓  Best Answer

I found out the reason why my chromebook keyboard was not responding after doing a lot of research is because approx 4.0 kernel is needed, and linux mint, xubuntu are not supported systems, however, i have found out that xubuntu 18.04 I believe makes it that the buttons on the keyboard, (QWERTY) only respond; aux port, input speakers, etc do not respond because it's not a supportive system. And of course this is based off of my experience so far, and I do not know if this implies to my chromebook exclusively. Please do free to correct me or I will correct myself after digging into coreboot, because they have posts or whatever it's called which help you. Also, chromebooks such as mine are very picky, which I found a system that works very well, Gallium 2.2 which can be found on mrchromebox website. Arch linux, and probably more distros but again, this is off my imo..   

Edited by Ralph’s ambitions, 12 April 2018 - 11:10 AM.