Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Developing a new website in the hotel industry.

hotels holidays resorts star rating

• Please log in to reply

Australian60

Australian60

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, I am new to this so hope that this post meets all the criteria.

I am an Australian guy who travels extensively throughout the world, and am constantly annoyed at the rating system that so many hotels and resorts use that have no relationship to the truth or what you are paying for.

Way back, there was a rating system (Forbes I think) that set out what you should expect for what you pay..ie....a 1 star rated hotel required certain faciclities and standards, right up to a 5 star rating.

Over the years, this has become a joke, with the situation now that a star rating means nothing....a hotel or resort can call a backyard toilet a 5 star accommodation with no comeback as often, clients book and pay for it, well in advance.

How many times have you arrived at paid for accommodation, only to be given the worst room they have, because they have your money, and rude staff just laugh at you?

I have spoken at length to industry representatives about trying to set up a code of ethics linked to a new style of rating system that will indicate to prospective clients, just what is offered and actually delivered.

There is an urgent need for a comprehensive new system that sets standards that are worldwide and doesnt allow low grade 'boutique', 'historic', 'chic', 'olde worlde' and similar comments and excuses for misleading the client.

There is nothing wrong with a hotel or resort being  2 or 3 star as long as they dont pretend to be a 4 or 5 star accommodation and charge accordingly.

I am trying to set up a system where you actually get what you pay for.

Accordingly I am seeking someone who has the time and interest in providing an urgently needed community service for travellers worldwide....I would prefer it to be non profit, however, to be realistic, this could grow out of all perspective if it takes on..it is a huge job and will take a lot of time..I am retired and have the time and energy to follow through, and able to finance the initial set up costs....

I am fine looking at advertising to compliment the site, as long as its aim is not compromised...

I would appreciate any comments or discussions about how I could set this up..happy to share with someone who has vision and the ability to set up the system with me.....

From my research so far, the big guys, who generally do provide what they say they do....ie....if the Hilton and others say they are 4 star, they are usually close.....would welcome a new system that stops the 'fly by nighters' and operators who charge 4 and 5 star prices for 2 star accommodations.

I am aiming to clarify the hotel and resort industry with a system that is consistant and fair, from room size and standard to meals and concierge services around the world..set up a code of ethics, that clients can rely on, and standardise the industry.

Please feel free to contact me if interested,

cheers

Bruce

Advertisements