Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best program for traced/monitored installation of other programs?

uninstall programs uninstall software revo

• Please log in to reply

conceptualclarity

conceptualclarity

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I don't want to bother with tracing every new installation, but I want to do it with media programs that tend to appropriate to themselves a lot of extension defaults and with programs that make huge numbers of additions to the registry and file system, such as a new AV I'm about to install.

I am not inclined to use a tracing log for uninstalling just blindly. I have Revo Pro, and I used it to trace an installation. But I checked back, and all I've got is a ".ruel" file. I could not find any way of opening and reading that file. I didn't use it for uninstalling the program because I can't blindly trust it won't uninstall any of the wrong things. 

In this situation I am very concerned about not removing things on my system unrelated to the installation, so I would rather make selective manual use of an installation log rather than doing an automated uninstall that I'm not able to preview.

I'm most interested in the registry changes, so I wouldn't disdain a program that looks only at them.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi,

Total Uninstall is considered a good program to monitor changes done when installing other software, not free

https://www.martau.c...l-uninstall.php

For registry RegSnap, also not free

http://lastbit.com/regsnap/default.asp