Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost Internet Connection - need help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

SD.

I got into the Administrator: Command Prompt screen (the black DOS type screen).  The prompt was C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I typed in sfc/scannow   The reply was "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service."

Advertisements

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

SD,

I forgot to say I was not in safe mode.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi,

SD,

I forgot to say I was not in safe mode.

Normal mode is ok.

Let me prepare a fix for you...

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi again,

With the COMP1 running in Normal mode but with the Antivirus disabled run the following:

• Download SFCFix.exe (by Niemiro)
  • Download the file SFCScript.txt, attached below
  • transfer the files SFCFix.exe and SFCScript.txt to the Desktop of COMP1
  • On your Desktop, make sure you have the two files: myjIXnC.pngSFCFix.exe and 8RAhYFg.gifSFCScript.txt
  • Drag the file SFCScript.txt onto the file SFCFix.exe and release it
  • The SFCFix tool will process the script
  • Upon completion, a log file SFCFix.txt should be created on your Desktop
  • Open the SFCFix.txt log and copy & paste the contents to your post

Attached File  SFCFixScript.txt   14.89KB   413 downloads

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

SD,

Sadly,it did not run.  It opened the black DOS-like window, but gave me the following error message:

Checking for updates . . .

Failed to check for updates. This may be due to an internet connection
problem or a temporary availability failure of the update servers
Please ensure you are using the latest version of the program before
continuing or exit now . . .

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Try again with the network cable disconnected.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

If you simply press Enter doesn't the tool continues?

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

SD,

I get the same message, but I'm assuming a disconnected the correct cable.  It sure looks like an ethernet cable. It so goes into a Linsys router??? used for the VOIP phone service and then there is a cable from the Linksys to the main Verizon modem/router.

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

SD,

I'll try hitting enter

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

SD,

I hit enter and received the following.  Since I don't have internet, I assume I type n.  BUT, with the fix proceed?

Will you allow SFCFix to communicate with Sysnative servers?

Most file system and registry corruptions cannot be repaired when this tool
works standalone. Sysnative's central servers can be used to give direction on
repairing registry corruptions and finding good replacements for damaged files
using aggregate data compiled over thousands of computers. Details of your
Windows Update configuration may be transmitted to our servers for further
analysis as part of this process. No personally identifiable information will becollected.
Although the process is entirely opt-in, if you choose not to accept
this transmission the tool can operate only in a reduced function mode and the
majority of corruptions will not be repaired automatically.

Would you like this communication to take place? Type "y" for yes or "n" for no
and press enter to continue:

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Try "Y"

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

SD,

Here is the log:

SFCFix version 3.0.0.0 by niemiro.
Start time: 2018-05-14 15:39:49.055
Microsoft Windows 10 Build 16299 - amd64
Using .txt script file at C:\Users\Baba\Desktop\SFCFixScript.txt [1]

RegistryScript::
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\Parameters.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\Security.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\TriggerInfo.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\TriggerInfo\0.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\TriggerInfo\1.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS\Parameters.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS\Performance.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS\Security.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\EventSystem.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\EventSystem\Parameters.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\NSI.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\NSI\Parameters.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\PlugPlay.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\PlugPlay\Parameters.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\SDRSVC.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\SDRSVC\Parameters.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wscsvc.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wscsvc\Parameters.
Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wscsvc\Security.

Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\Parameters.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\Security.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\TriggerInfo.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\TriggerInfo\0.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\TriggerInfo\1.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS\Parameters.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS\Performance.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS\Security.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\EventSystem.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\EventSystem\Parameters.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\NSI.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\NSI\Parameters.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\PlugPlay.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\PlugPlay\Parameters.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\SDRSVC.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\SDRSVC\Parameters.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wscsvc.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wscsvc\Parameters.
Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wscsvc\Security.

Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\Parameters.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\Security.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\TriggerInfo.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\TriggerInfo\0.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv\TriggerInfo\1.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS\Parameters.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS\Performance.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS\Security.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\EventSystem.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\EventSystem\Parameters.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\NSI.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\NSI\Parameters.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\PlugPlay.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\PlugPlay\Parameters.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\SDRSVC.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\SDRSVC\Parameters.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wscsvc.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wscsvc\Parameters.
Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\services\wscsvc\Security.
RegistryScript:: directive completed successfully.

Successfully processed all directives.
SFCFix version 3.0.0.0 by niemiro has completed.
Currently storing 21 datablocks.
Finish time: 2018-05-14 15:39:50.962
Script hash: pcHkK+z4yGkrA1XJB67gdxokrmkZCHiS9Y1lgOBhmSk=
----------------------EOF-----------------------

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Good job :thumbsup:

Now restart the system and boot in normal mode, run FSS and post the new log.

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

SD,

Here is the log, and whooopeeee!!!!!!!!  I now have internet on COM1.   However, it still took almost 6 minutes to boot up so the MS tech that lost me the internet, he also did other damage.  After I post this log, I will log on to geekstogo from COM1.

Farbar Service Scanner Version: 27-01-2016
Ran by Baba (administrator) on 14-05-2018 at 16:11:09
Running from "G:\"
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro  (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.