Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unable to reinstall win 10 due to no bootable device found

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

ongoing

ongoing

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

hi i am trying to reinstall win 10 i download the win media creation tool.....installed it to a usb flash drive went through the process of in installing win 10.....till i got to win 10 set up and recived the error message....we could not install windows in the location you chose...please check your media drive heres more info about what happened error 0x80300002.....i am using a hp stream laptop 14-ax0XX......please can you help me ty

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

https://answers.micr...e31c8f39?auth=1

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

hi i tried the solution link u posted when i tried to create a new partition got the error 0xe3a560c0 restarted the installation ended up with the same 1s error tried the other solutions none worked and i have just the 1 drive 0 unallocated space..ty

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Hope you don`t mind the interjection folks  :)

i am trying to reinstall win 10 

Couple of questions if I may ongoing;

What has prompted you to try and reinstall Windows 10, were you having problems with Windows crashing etc.

Have you checked for any recovery partition by continually tapping the F11 key when you restart the notebook.

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

hi phil what happened was my son was watching a film then shut down the laptop on restart the following day recived the no bootable device found i did try pressing f11 then i get no bootable device found.....please install an operating system on your hard drive ...hard disk{3f0} can u help please

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
 i did try pressing f11 then i get no bootable device found

The storage device could be bad or there may not have been a recovery partition on the drive.

Can you get to the part of the installation where you can select the type of installation you want to do, we want the Custom Install screen, if available.

Edit to add: Going offline now as I have an early start, assuming that you can get to the Custom install option, see the following steps to wipe the storage device clean and then hopefully be able to do a clean install of Windows 10, please note that I copy/paste the info for convenience/so you are not waiting on me getting back to you.

When you get to the Custom Install screen, hit Shift + F10, this will bring up the Command Prompt.

Then type this:

diskpart

Then type:

list disk

It will show you a list of the disk connected to your computer. In your case it should only show Disk 0. If this is correct type this:

select disk 0

Then type:

clean

Then from the Custom Install select New and leave it to use the entire volume. It will warn you that it needs to make a System Reserved partition, let it. Windows should install.

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

hi phil i did everything in command prompt that went ok.......then i pressed new that was ok to....upon clicking next got same error 0x8300002

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Hello ongoing,

Couple more questions for you;

Do you have another computer that you can use to check that your USB installation media is good.

What is the boot sequence set as in the BIOS and is the device that you are trying to install Windows onto actually listed in the BIOS.

Have you disabled secure boot in the BIOS, explanation and "how to" for this below;

• For computers that have UEFI as opposed to legacy BIOS, to be able to boot from your USB device you may need to disable secure boot and change UEFI to CSM Boot, not all computers and BIOS are the same, please refer to your user manual if you have one as the following steps are only one such example.

While the computer is re-starting,you will need to continually tap or hold down the particular key that will allow you to access the BIOS on your computer, we will use the F2 key as an example here;

After restarting the computer, when the screen goes black, press and hold down the F2 key, wait for the BIOS to load.

Select Security -> Secure Boot and then Disabled.

Select Advanced -> System Configuration and then Boot Mode.

Change UEFI Boot to CSM Boot.

Save the changes and Exit the BIOS, commonly F10.

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

hi phil i have both legacy and uefi boot order........uefi boot order,,,,usb diskette on key/usb hard disk..usb cd/dvd rom drive..os boot manager...network adapter disabled.........legacy boot order........same as uefi except for 3th which is notebook hard drive....secure bott is disabled....how do i check if the media is good on another os...and i cant see any option of changing uefi to cms boot

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Hello ongoing,

HP BIOS info here

You can test that your ISO using a free program called Qemu which you can download from here the link to Qemu is at the foot of the article.

Advertisements

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

i have set the bios to the original settings i ran that tool on another laptop this is what i got win failed to start a recent hardware software change might be the cause.......file:  \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe error0xc000035a

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

1 thing i forgot to mention i didint use rufus tool to burn the iso to the usb flash....would that be the cause.....im not familar with rufus and dont know what settings i should use phil ty

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Apologies for the delay, been busy elsewhere I`m afraid  :(

Can you clarify something for us please.

i am trying to reinstall win 10 i download the win media creation tool.

1 thing i forgot to mention i didint use rufus tool to burn the iso to the usb flash.

Not sure where Rufus came into the equation tbh, did you use the second option as at the link here

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

hi phil yes thats where i downloaded the second option

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Would suggest that you first of all create fresh install media as the present one does not look good, if the Qemu test had been successful you would have been presented with the Windows logo on the screen, the fact that it wasn`t suggests that something is amiss.

When downloading the new Windows media on any other computer you need to make sure that you download the appropriate version for the computer that you wish to install the software to, the specs that I can find for the HP stream laptop 14-ax0XX state 64-bit Windows 10, if correct make sure that you download the 64-bit version of Windows from Microsoft, there are still some 32-bit computers around and when using the media creation tool on such a machine it would auto select the 32-bit version for download, once done, test again with Qemu.