Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 dell laptop has gotten slow

cleaning computer

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Search for:

msconfig

hit Enter.

Select Diagnostic Startup. OK and Reboot. 

Run  Latency Mon again.  Does it still say

"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks..."

If so go back into msconfig and check Normal Startup, OK and reboot.

If it now seems happy with your system then go into msconfig and under Services, check Hide Microsoft Service then uncheck all that remain.  OK and reboot.  What does Latency mon say now?  If that helps then go back into msconfig and check 1/2 of the services, OK and reboot.  Try to isolate it down to a particular service.  It could also be a Startup item.  These are now controlled by Task Manager but in msconfig if you go to Startup you will have a link to the Task Manager where you can try turning off all Startup items.

Advertisements

Pearlcatdesign

Pearlcatdesign

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

RKinner,

I really appreciate the time you've spent helping me with this however, I am very computer illiterate, not to mention a hunt and peck typists and so I think I can just learn to live with it being a bit slow for awhile. At least it is staying connected to the internet now. That was the most important thing.

Thank you so so much for your help,

Pearl