Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is my controller card failing?

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 21,017 posts
  • MVP

Not 100% sure Win 10 will work with your graphics

Advertisements

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

What would I have to do to make it work with my graphics?  A different graphics card?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 21,017 posts
  • MVP

If it doesn't work with Win10 a new graphics card would fix the problem.  Odds are that it would work.  Your version of DxDiag just doesn't seem to test for the Driver Mode.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Ok, so I would need to install the new adapter card, hard drive and Windows 10 and if I get no graphics, I'd have to install a new graphics card?  Can you tell me which graphics card I'd need to buy in that event?  I'd like to get a bookmark saved to my notepad so I'd be able to order it if I have to.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 21,017 posts
  • MVP

Amazon has:

MSI Gaming GeForce GT 710 2GB GDRR3 64-bit HDCP Support DirectX 12 OpenGL 4.5 Single Fan Low Profile Graphics Card (GT 710 2GD3 LP)

for $46.17

May not be the cheapest or the best but it has a 4.5 star rating and it works on Win 10 32/64 and fits in a PCI Express x16 slot.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

It's great!  Thanks very much.  I found it at Amazon.  It'll cost me just a little over $200.00 to update my pc to Windows 10 and that's a good deal.  I couldn't have done it without you so I really appreciate it.  It'll be like have a whole new computer.  I have to wait until around October 5th to buy the items.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

I attached a picture of my computer after I got everything installed back in 2009.  I didn't do a clean job with the cables and wires but it worked.

Attached Thumbnails

• Drives Installed.jpg
  • Picture 002.jpg

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 21,017 posts
  • MVP

Just out of curiosity why do you need so many drives?  One thing that Win 10 will bring is a much larger drive capacity - up to 16 TB for the 64 bit version.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 21,017 posts
  • MVP

I just had one more thought.  Does your BIOS offer UEFI or GPT in addition to the old MBR?  That might be a deal breaker for Win 10 if it doesn't