Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sister-in-law gave me her laptop to clean before she gives it to my wi

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

My sister-in-law is done with computers ... and is addicted to her phone. she wants me to clean her laptop off and save her pictures ... but many of the pictures/folders are saying I need Admin permissions, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what to do ... 

Anyone give me some help?

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

It sounds like her account is an Admin account. Do you have her password for her account? That should allow you to login to her account and copy the pictures.

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

I can log in to her account ... and copy almost all the pictures, but there are some I can't copy and the same ones cannot be deleted either.

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

I can log in to her account ... and copy almost all the pictures, but there are some I can't copy and the same ones cannot be deleted either.

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
Try to use the following program to take ownership of the folder and see if it helps.
http://m.majorgeeks....wnershipex.html

Guide:
https://winaero.com/...comment.news.18

Edited by dmccoy, 19 September 2018 - 05:05 PM.

EdwardRees

EdwardRees

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Your sister can give you access to Admin, so you will be able to remove everything.