Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Not Releasing October "Patch Tuesday" Updated for Wi

• Please log in to reply

debodun

debodun

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Doesn't mention if this will affect Windows 7 users.

Advertisements

Firebirdgirl

Firebirdgirl

• Pip
  • 3 posts

My Windows 7 computer went through [bleep] yesterday from Windows Updates. It went through a mass delete of files and then my computer wouldn't start normally. It went through repair and restored whatever was deleted was repaired. I am not a happy camper over that. I think my laptop is "okay" I think. 

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Should I disable automatic updating?

https://www.computer...for-impact.html

Edited by debodun, 09 October 2018 - 10:24 AM.

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

I looked at the list of Microsoft updates and there are only two for ordinary Windows 7 OSs, but they both have the same KB number, but different file sizes. I don't know with all the controversy this month whether I should install any.

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

I looked at the list of Microsoft updates and there are only two for ordinary Windows 7 OSs, but they both have the same KB number, but different file sizes. I don't know with all the controversy this month whether I should install any.

Attached Thumbnails

• microsoft patches.jpg