Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

2 laptops on same network, one can surf, other can't ... help

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

We have satellite internet (slow as heck) ... we have a modem that is also the router. I have a laptop running Win8.1 and one running Win10 ... all of a sudden the Win10 can't connect to the internet while the Win8.1 can. 

I've tried rebooting the Win10 laptop (which by the way was given a clean bill of health a week ago by a geekstogo tech) as well as rebooting the modem/router ... still can't connect up.

Ran Avast to make sure nothing was wrong there. I've tried resetting the network adapter and that does nothing. 

I could use someone's help ... please!

dog

Advertisements