Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My monitor keeps flicking on and off. Solved.

- - - - -

Best Answer KiwiProbie , 29 November 2018 - 11:07 PM

Update:  Since resetting the monitor I have had no problems at all, everything is working perfectly. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Hey guys,

I'm getting really annoyed with this aye, my monitor keeps flicking on and off. Even the power light on my monitor is going on and off.  I am finding it frustrating cause this is a brand new computer and I only got it today.

I have tried with updating the drivers to the latest version, didn't help, I unplugged my speakers because I thought that it might be an interference issue and that didn't work. I have tried with a different HDMI cable, and even when that failed.  I plugged my PC into the TV, and it had no problems.  I have even removed all the bench marking tools that I had on it that I installed today.  I am really not sure what to do.

Can someone please help me?

Advertisements

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

And I have even tried lowering the refresh rate to 30, no luck either.  I have even reset my monitor to factory settings (not like any settings where changed in the first place).I haven't even over clocked my graphics card either (simply cause I cannot be bothered.)

Edited by KiwiProbie, 29 November 2018 - 03:41 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday KiwiProbie , Welcome.

​As the power light is flickering and goes out, I would suspect an electrical fault and I don't think altering software will help.

I advise contacting the vender, first by phone and follow up with an email, so you have a record.   Ask for a RMA, (return to manufacturer authority.   They will repair or replace the unit.

Please let us know the results. 

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

So far I have tried this, I have reset the monitor (even though no settings was changed) and it seems to have work so far.  But if it happens again, I will do your suggestion.  Thank you heaps.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks for the update.

Hope the problem does not reappear.

Good luck. 

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Yeah you and I both.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
✓  Best Answer

Update:  Since resetting the monitor I have had no problems at all, everything is working perfectly.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Good. I will mark the topic solved.