Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bsod with ndis.sys

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 16 December 2018 - 11:32 AM

alfaprime, There is no content in three of the dmp files but the other two crash dmps identify the same problem, PROCESS_NAME:  CaptureLibServ which is associated with... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

alfaprime

alfaprime

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello,
Recently got some BSOD,
with the most common - "unexpected store exception" and "page fault in nonpaged area"
which enters a loop of restarts and in one of them I detected that Ndis.sys is mentioned.

It started about two weeks ago, and the I just had the option to shut down before windows starts, and it would be ok.
Recently it happens more often, and today I could hardly get back to windows. I activated system restore, but restore point is from yesterday, so I'm not sure it will prove helpful.

I also ran chkdsk /r /f
and sfc scannow 
which didn't solve the problem

I'm running win10 on Lenovo yoga 80v5 specs.jpg
And I managed to save some dump files while on safe mode when problem happened Attached File  Desktop.zip   334.89KB   168 downloads

Thank you for any help given!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   alfaprime,

There is no content in three of the dmp files but the other two crash dmps identify the same problem, PROCESS_NAME:  CaptureLibServ which is associated with Freemake Video Downloader if you knowingly downloaded and installed this, uninstall it, restart the computer, test then post back with an update, if you did not knowingly downloaded and install the program just let us know.