Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

compaq laptop hibernation problems

• Please log in to reply

patches

patches

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi i have a compaq presario 1200 laptop that i have owned since new. Recently the laptop has been freezing up. When I do a ctrl-alt-del the system reboots and then comes to the creating a hidernation file screen. After a while the screen disappears and the laptop reboots, on reboot it again goes to the "creating hibernation file" screen, then to another screen that says that it is "unable to create hibernation file". The screen goes black with this on the screen PHDISK 4.31 --Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0™ Hibernation Preparation Utility Copyright © Phoenx Technologies Ltd. 1995-1999. All rights reserved.

Error: Not enough contiguous free disk space exists to create the suspend to disk file. Refer to the user manual for possible suggestions on increasing the disk free space, for the suspend to disk file.

The computer does nothing after that. What should I do? I DO have the recovery disk, and also im a noob at computers. Your input would be great. Thanks

Advertisements