Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any feedback on my Backup/Restore Plugin for WordPress

wordpress backup plugin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JRyan2212

JRyan2212

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi guys,

I hope my first message here comes across more helpful than bothering.

Ive recently launched a WordPress backup plugin - WPvivid Backup/Restore.

It contains pretty all basic features that you’ll need to backup/restore you site and is fairly easy to use. And most important, it’s completely free(free update and support).

I made it because I realized that there’s still a growing need for the easier and more affordable backup solutions in WordPress community, we hope our plugin can give people a hand.

Please check it out at WordPress’ plugin repository: https://wordpress.or...-backuprestore/

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Looks pretty good. I don't use WordPress, but definitely looks like a worthwhile plugin.

JRyan2212

JRyan2212

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Looks pretty good. I don't use WordPress, but definitely looks like a worthwhile plugin.

Thanks mate! Currently I am working on adding more cloud options which will be seen soon in the next few releases.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

A fun related story... Actually not so fun.

I was using another popular Wordpress plugin, and backing up a site to Google Drive. It was a pretty good sized site, but I had 100GB of Drive storage. Apparently, 100GB wasn't enough. The backups would fail, and just restart -- over, and over again. It wasn't until I received a large bandwidth charge for hundreds of dollars from our datacenter that I discovered the problem. There was no notifications from the plugin. I had burned through over 10TB of bandwidth in a month! Crazy thing is that Google Drive never complained either.

JRyan2212

JRyan2212

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

A fun related story... Actually not so fun.

A sad story...

My plugin comes with many features to lower the usage of your server resources. For example, it gives you options based on your hosting types to decide if to compress backup files when backing your site up, namely, in a shared hosting environment, it will only archive and not compress files, this will greatly lower the usage of CPU and bandwidth on your server.

Also, it will warn you that the backup may fail before backing up a large site. So you can go to the setting page and choose to back up only database or website files, or you can set a limit to maximum size of a file to be included in the backup...

PS:  I've received some good feedback saying my plugin works good with their large sites though.

Edited by JRyan2212, 17 January 2019 - 08:58 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Redundant thread closed to prevent any further spam posts.