Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random fatal freezes windows 7 64-bit

Best Answer Solice93 , 30 January 2019 - 01:41 AM

ok, well I've completed all of the steps and my computer seems stable now for all intents and purposes. Unless there is anything else you want me to post, I will leave it here. Thank you so much fo... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Solice93

Solice93

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I'm going to have to run a system restore unless you say otherwise.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

I'm going to have to run a system restore unless you say otherwise.

If the program didn't ask for a Reboot please restart the computer manually. TFC is a safe program to use in Windows 7 it doesn't do changes to the system that should result in that problem!

If after the restart the problem continues then use the System Restore.

Let me know the result.

Solice93

Solice93

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Ok...problem fixed itself overnight? Idk. Point is I have internet back for some reason.

So, two things: 1. I ran the program and everything seems to be doing fine, but please don't close this thread until I can 100% confirm that it is fixed. And 2. After running one of the steps, my ability to unzip files in the right click context menu is completely gone. I'm not sure when the options disappeared, but I can't unzip files unless I use Universal Extractor.

Solice93

Solice93

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I now have about 9.85GB of space on my SSD now.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not enough, on a 250GB storage device that has Windows on it you should always have a minimum of between 50 and 63GB available as free storage space.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi,

To free more disk space run the Disk Cleanup as Administrator and make sure you select the option Windows Update Cleanup it usually release lots of space if you never did this.

Please check the following article https://www.bleeping...-in-new-update/make sure Malwarebytes is updated with the version mention on the article or higher.

Solice93

Solice93

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
✓  Best Answer

ok, well I've completed all of the steps and my computer seems stable now for all intents and purposes. Unless there is anything else you want me to post, I will leave it here. Thank you so much for your time and patience with me. you have done me a great service and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you again!

Solice93

Solice93

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

P.S. the update does seems to have helped as well. Hopefully I will not see other programs complaining about failing at startup either. 

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad the problem seems resolved.