Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP LaserJet 6P/6MP is not printing

Best Answer jsaklas , 08 February 2019 - 10:39 AM

123 Runner, Thank you for your help.  My problem has been solved.  I cleared the stuck document and removed the printer.  When I added the printer I noticed that whereas before... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

jsaklas

jsaklas

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

This has been a bad week for my printers.  The 20+ year old HP4 finally died, so I added an old, but unused, HP 6P.  But I can't get it to print.

I used the Add Printer process in Devices and Printers.  The machine will print the test page when I push the Go button, but can not print from any software.  My computer is running Windows 7.  The printer is hard-wired to the USB001 port.  The Print Queue show Error - Printing in the Status column.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Sounds like you might have a print spooler error. I had the same thing on an old HP printer.

I had to clear the print queue. Follow the instructions here: http://support.hp.co...ument/c02205477

I started in the beginning with #1 but it did no good. I wasn't able to delete all the jobs I had as it shows in step 2, and restarting did no good.

I was successful with the remainder of step 2.

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
✓  Best Answer

123 Runner,

Thank you for your help.  My problem has been solved.  I cleared the stuck document and removed the printer.  When I added the printer I noticed that whereas before I indicated that I had a LaserJet 6P/6MP, I actually have a LaserJet 6P.   I don't know if they use different drivers.

Regardless, whether clearing the print job or now the correct driver solved the problem, I now can print.   (I do miss my old HP 4; it as a faithful workhorse for 20 years.)

Thanks again