Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New tv doesn't work well with pc (Win 8.1)

• Please log in to reply

chesterv

chesterv

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I just got a new tv (TCL 43" 4K HDR 120HZ - 43S405) today to replace the 32" one I had connected to my computer.

For some reason now, when I take some screenshots, it either pastes a solid black square, or it will past the picture, but the outside edges of the picture move around while the center part stays put. I've tried messing with this for about 30 minutes, and no matter what I do, it does the same thing.

The other problem is that I've adjusted the pc screen resolution to the highest it can be, since my new tv has a bigger screen, but some things are still very small on the screen.

My desktop and desktop icons are large and fitting the screen properly, but when I use programs like Word or Paintbrush the top borders and took bars are tiny and hard to see.

When I open up a Word, Paintbrush, or other MS program, it doesn't come up like a regular window that fills up the screen, it comes up as a small box at the top corner of the screen or in the middle of the screen.

The cursor will be proper size on one program or screen and so tiny on another one, I can't even see it.

Everything else seems to be working fine, both on the TV and from the computer.

How do I get the screenshots to work correctly, and how do I get everything to fit the new screen properly where I can see it?

Thanks

Edited by chesterv, 18 February 2019 - 07:38 PM.

Advertisements