Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD drive on computer tower not working

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

AuraTodd

AuraTodd

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Could some one help me please? I am trying to burn some photo's onto a disk and the drawer opens out sidewards. I find it a bit awkward because of my disability to put the disks in, it was much easier when the drawer slide outwards instead of sidewards (if you get what I mean) so after much fiddling, I get the disk on. 

A green light flashes then a notice comes up saying 'the directory name is invalid'. Can anyone explain in plain Enhlish what this means please?

Have been trying to use Ashampoo and Burnaware programmes. I'm getting a bit fed up because I have all these images stuck on my hard drive and I need to get some of them off, so I can add some more. I'm can't add anymore until I get these image's off. 

Somethngs on there because I can see a line. because of my Aspbergers I am getting more and more wound up. I've tried ringing up the people who built my PC, but their not answering the phone which is really frustrating, yet they said I could call up if I needed any help. Fat lot of good that was!

I just want to know why my PC isn't reading my D drive or why it isn't showing? 

Bit woried because of all the fiddling on my CD drawer just to get the disk in, I've damaged it in some way. 

Someone help please?

Advertisements

garioch7

garioch7

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 62 posts

AuraTodd:

Is this your topic, opened today as well, over at Bleeping Computer?

Asking for assistance on multiple Forums is likely to lead to duplication of effort by helpers, and sometimes results in confusing and contradictory answers.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

AuraTodd

AuraTodd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Sorry I'll take it off, put it on in a panic.  Sorry about that.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello AuraTodd,

As you are already receiving assistance over at BC may I suggest that you continue working with what has been suggested there for now, no point in us repeating what has already been suggested and you can always come back here if the folk over at BC don`t get you sorted  :thumbsup:

AuraTodd

AuraTodd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

OK thanks very much.  Been told that it's because the CD/DVD drive is horizontal.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

No worries,one of us will be here should you need us.

AuraTodd

AuraTodd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Thanks.