Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant reinstall windows 7 64-bit

• Please log in to reply

timm206

timm206

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone i have win7 that im trying to reinstall but when i burn it on a dvd and try to boot from it, it wont load the files. Ive done this exact procedure on this computer plenty of times before always worked but now the screen just stays black.

Then i tried to boot up the computer and run the setup and see if it would do it that way. When i double click on the set up and then click on install windows, after loading for few seconds setup is copying temporary files

And after a error comes up This 32-bit version of windows cannot be installed to an EFI-based computer, Installation cannot proceed. Use a 64-bit version of windows to install to an EFI-based computer.

Ok sounds self explanatory, only problem is that The windows is a 64 bit version that im trying to install. Ive used these exact same files in the past, i dont understand whats the issues now? Ive tried reseting all the setting in bios. Ive tried installing a new blank ssd and install the same windows on there but still no luck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Updated bios - no luck
Tried running the setup in safe mode - no luck

Edited by timm206, 10 March 2019 - 02:34 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:   timm206,

Check that your ISO is good by testing it with QEMU Simple Boot