My pc has been very problematic so I thought I'd do a windows restore. I get an error message that restore can't complete The number shown seems to point to an update issue error number listed was 0x8007005. Is there a fix for this?
Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:01 PM
Posted 29 August 2019 - 01:24 PM
I have been running my machine for 2 years now with that error. Microsoft has a patch and direction for it's use. On the other hand it's for all the operating systems. That made me curious. I used a small program call take ownership and used the supplied information to go to the file and take ownership. After reading I decided that file is a back door no matter if it was intended that way or not. Relax, the computer will run just fine if you do nothing. Half of Windows is bloatware. I have considered deleting the file completely. As it is not a problem I haven't done that yet so I do not know if there are any consequences if that is done.
If done Security side is anyone can have administrative rights. Operating side is older drivers can be installed if the pathways are closed correctly and you will get no messages like certificate is unsigned. Think this whole thing started when they included the MSI installer update for Windows XP. I personally do not like to see generic addresses which is an immediate security risk. Kind of like when ATAPI was the address of the cd/dvd drive was MSCDEX that did get exploited. Don't freak, how does the computer act unfixed.
Edited by raburgeson, 29 August 2019 - 01:25 PM.
Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:33 PM
0x800700005 indicates access denied. Usually it's something like AV blocking Windows Update from creating or accessing what it thinks is a "sensitive" filename like autorun.inf. Look at WindowsUpdate.log (if you're running windows 10 you'll need to use the powershell cmdlet get-windowsupdatelog to gather and create that file) and the component based servicing logs at C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\ -- somewhere in one of those two logs it should indicate where the error is occurring. If your AV product is causing the issue it may have a log where it logs what requests it has blocked and why. 9Apps VidMate.vin Apk9apps
Edited by smithclarkson01, 15 September 2019 - 11:10 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users