Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best Computer for IP Security cams in remote locations

Best Answer phillpower2 , 20 April 2019 - 08:38 AM

Some food for thought at the links below   Dell G3 Series 17.3" IPS Full HD Notebook, Intel 6-Core i7-8750H Upto 4.1GHz, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB, HDM... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

fredflintstone19

fredflintstone19

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm trying to figure out what to look for when purchasing a new desktop for reviewing things such as shoplifters in multiple store locations from our factory headquarters. My current computer is an old clunker and it's painfully slow to go though any shoplifting footage and really kills my day when I need to be doing other things to keep my business moving. I would like to purchase/build something that is optimal for making quick work of cutting vid to send off to the authorities.  Any ideas and suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks. 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:   fredflintstone19,

Can you tell us your maximum budget.

Have you thought about a notebook, this would give you the benefit of it being portable + you can hook up to a larger external screen/s when using it in the office.

fredflintstone19

fredflintstone19

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

oh yeah, budgetwise, I was thinking around the $1500 mark. Though if that's a naive number, I'm all ears. Notebook would be great as well. Definitely more portable than a desktop..

Edited by fredflintstone19, 20 April 2019 - 08:14 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
✓  Best Answer

Some food for thought at the links below  :)

Dell G3 Series 17.3" IPS Full HD Notebook, Intel 6-Core i7-8750H Upto 4.1GHz, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB, HDMI, Card Reader, USB Type-C, Wi-Fi, BT, Windows 10 Pro reduced to $1,169.99 from $1,999.99.

Everything You Need for a Multiple Monitor Setup for Your Laptop or Desktop

Universal Video Docking Station/s