Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AMD Display Drivers won't install properly for some reason

Best Answer axl2468 , 31 May 2019 - 08:02 AM

I tried to install the drivers that did support my GPU, but it still doesn't work for some reason. I've borrowed another Nvidia card from a friend though, so I don't need to solve this problem... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

axl2468

axl2468

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Hello!

So I've recently switched graphics cards since my old Nvidia card for some reason decided to stop working. Currently I've got a spare Sapphire HD 5570 that I'm currently using.

I've tried to properly clean my Nvidia display drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller and to install the display drivers for my new card, but the drivers won't install properly.

help.jpg

I've tried using both driver installers from https://www.amd.com/...-radeon-hd-5570 for my corresponding OS (Windows 7 64-bit) and the "Auto-detect and install new drivers" thing from the drivers page. And yes, I restarted my computer many times already.

I've also checked Catalyst Center, and there is no settings for the GPU I have on my computer.

help2.jpg

Any help? Thanks!

Edit: And to add, AMD Catalyst doesn't show up in program list for some reason:

help3.jpg

Edited by axl2468, 27 May 2019 - 04:38 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello axl2468,

Currently I've got a spare Sapphire HD 5570 that I'm currently using.

This card is no longer supported, see info below;

AMD Radeon™ Software Support for Legacy Graphics Products
AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon™ R5 230, Radeon™ R5 220, Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (D/G variants), Radeon™ HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned. This change enables us to dedicate valuable engineering resources to developing new features and enhancements for graphics products based on the GCN Architecture.

As a courtesy to our valued supporters we are providing a final Beta driver together with the release of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition. The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta driver includes the redesigned user interface as well as some enhanced features. More information can be found in the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 for Non GCN Products Release Notes. This driver is provided "as is" and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes.

Before trying the beta driver you should make sure that Windows is fully up to date, download and save the driver to your desktop, restart the computer in Safe Mode only (no networking) install the beta driver, restart and then test.

Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta

axl2468

axl2468

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
✓  Best Answer

I tried to install the drivers that did support my GPU, but it still doesn't work for some reason.

I've borrowed another Nvidia card from a friend though, so I don't need to solve this problem anymore.

Thanks, anyways!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You are welcome and thank you for the follow up axl2468  :thumbsup: