Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet slow on one device at same time daily

• Please log in to reply

Jojo83

Jojo83

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We recently changed internet provider to Sky, purely due to the price. As soon as we changed, we realised the speed was nothing like that advertised. My husband's Samsung S8 phone was particularly slow connecting and about 10pm every night it would give up completely and he'd have to wait an hour or two before trying to use it again. Following advice on the Sky forum, I changed some settings on the router, namely disabled IPv6 and split the two different SSIDs. This helped the general slowness on his phone. After a month we had a Sky engineer round who identified a problem with our phone socket and replaced it. The speed is now much better but the same thing is happening with hubby's phone every night. No problems with any other devices in the house and he can connect to other wireless networks with no problem, although we've not had chance to test it with any other networks at 10pm. Any ideas would be welcome please.

Edited by Jojo83, 13 June 2019 - 03:28 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:   Jojo83,

Not really clued up on smart phones tbh but can I ask if you have looked to see if the phone is checking for updates when this happens, some Samsung info here

although we've not had chance to test it with any other networks at 10pm. 

If it turns out to not be updating related checking the phone elsewhere would be the best bet.