I would like some help for the following issue :
My internet for now a month has been .. weird, basically it's completely fine on my phone, but on my laptop (windows 10, issues on all navigators) it's completely fine when I just start it, but at some point it gets really slow or straight up doesn't work (ERR_CONNECTION_RESET is the error message I get and when I launch the windows problem detection it says that it doesn't find any issue). Generally restarting the laptop would fix the issue, but lately the problem persists after restarting and shows up more often than before.
If that's of any help I ran OTL only realizing AFTER that it's just a scan.. (hence my presence here), here's the link :
Internet really slow/not working.
Posted 08 July 2019 - 12:39 PM
Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:07 PM
We don't use OTL any more but I still remember enough about it to say you may have a malware proxy:
IE:64bit: - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyEnable" = 1
IE:64bit: - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyOverride" = <-loopback>
IE:64bit: - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyServer" = http=127.0.0.1:6061;https=127.0.0.1:6061
If you go into Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, LAN settings and uncheck all boxes then hit OK, OK and restart your browser that may make it possible to use the Internet again.
I'm going to have this topic moved to our Malware forum so I won't get yelled at when you run FRST which is our current anti-malware scan.
- Get FRST from http://www.bleepingc...very-scan-tool/You need to download the appropriate tool for your PC. If you don't know if you have a 32 or 64 bit system get them both. Only one will work and that's the right one.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Check the Addition.txt box
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- It will generate another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
Appears you have a 64 bit system so you just need FRST64.exe
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users