Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Monitor, Mouse, & Keyboard

Best Answer Quartz , 04 August 2019 - 11:28 AM

Thank you very much for your time, effort, & information.  My opinion at this point is that it is the MB, especially considering that neither the video card and the onboard graphics work.... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

What kind of computer is this make an model ?  It was custom built (gaming PC?) for a guy who used to work for me.  I loaned some $ and agreed to hold the PC until me back, which he never did.  

The case Cooler Master & you pretty well know everything about it that I do.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

I loaned some $ and agreed to hold the PC until me back, which he never did.

Smart move. Wish I would have thought of that. I'd now own a lot of PC'S....... LOL

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

No worries.  I meant that I don't know any other info to offer about it.  It's always ran great.  I have taken very good care of it, cleaning the dust with air & kept it connected to a Cyber Power UPS.

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

What happened with all the posts???   :no:  :yes:

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Forum issue, I'll fix it all we need to do is fix the ram.

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Forum issue, I'll fix it all we need to do is fix the ram.  Sounds like a plan.   :D   I tried this:  I put a Win 7 install CD & booted up.  Nothing different happened except there were no beeps at all & I let run 15 minutes.  If I  had stick of dynamite, I would really fix it!!   :smashcomp: 

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Running out of ideas can't find a motherboard on e bay either.

More on post beeps below

https://forum-en.msi...beeps-and-codes

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

If I may chime in with a question or two folks  :)

What processor do you have, some have integrated graphics some don`t so we need to check.

When trying only a single stick of RAM have you been placing it in DIMM slot four which is the one furthest away from the CPU socket.

If you try powering up with no memory in the slots but the video card in the PCI-E slot do you still get two error beeps.

Do you have a wired PS/2 type keyboard that you could try instead of the USB one, if the USB ports are broken or disabled the keyboard will not be detected and the POST will fail.

Does the keyboard work ok on another computer,

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
I was hoping you would chime in :)

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

If I may chime in with a question or two folks  :)

What processor do you have, some have integrated graphics some don`t so we need to check.  My MOBO has integrated graphics.  Not working from there either.

When trying only a single stick of RAM have you been placing it in DIMM slot four which is the one furthest away from the CPU socket.  Yes

ss

If you try powering up with no memory in the slots but the video card in the PCI-E slot do you still get two error beeps. 3 Beeps

Do you have a wired PS/2 type keyboard that you could try instead of the USB one, if the USB ports are broken or disabled the keyboard will not be detected and the POST will fail. No. Thought I did. Must have trashed it.

Does the keyboard work ok on another computerKeyboard & Monitor work on other computers.

Edited by Quartz, 16 July 2019 - 01:41 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

The onboard video comes from the MB via the CPU and as was explained in my reply #24 some CPUs have integrated graphics some don`t, this the reason why it was asked which CPU it was that you have, the following is from the specs for your MB here the basic spec info is misleading and you need to click on the Detail tab.

MSI Reminds You...
• The graphic output can only work with CPUs with GPUs core inside.

Can I ask that you do not quote every reply, it really does not help and just makes for unnecessary reading, thanks.

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

AMD A8-3850   If I understand correctly, the problem is not with the RAM.  It is either the CPU or MOBO, correct?  It has 7 fans & I have always monitored the temp via Speccy & other software.  I don't think the problem was caused by overheating, do you?

Edited by Quartz, 17 July 2019 - 07:54 PM.

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Update:  I found compatible RAM & installed with the other Ram.  Same problems, but no beeps when booting.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

The Radeon HD 6550D has AMD A8-3850 integrated graphics so using the video port on the MB that is appropriate for you monitor would normally give you graphics.

When you previously tried the MBs graphics port had the add on video card been physically removed from the PCI-E slot on the MB.

Regarding your reply #32, was this test done with the add on video card in the board or was it removed and the screen connected to the MB.

With the add on GPU removed, hook the screen up to the appropriate video port on the MB and try a single stick of the latest compatible RAM in DIMM slot four, the one furthest away from the CPU socket then get back to us.

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

I tried the MBs graphics with the video card removed & also with it inserted.  Tried the single stick connecting MBs graphics with video card removed.  No change, but I am no longer getting any beeps & it normally has 1 beep at boot.

Confused reply #32 ??