Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Monitor, Mouse, & Keyboard

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,973 posts

Try removing all RAM and using the appropriate video port on the MB, if you get either two or three beeps the issue is graphics related.

Update:  I found compatible RAM & installed with the other Ram.  Same problems, but no beeps when booting.

Your reply #32, the fact that you got no error beeps when the RAM was in the board would normally suggest that things were ok with the power on self test (POST) up to the point that the graphics solution had been checked, this the reason why we needed to know if the add on GPU was present or if the integrated graphics were connected.

0 beep with the RAM in the board = either a bad MB or bad MB.

1 beep = the hardware has passed the POST.

2 or 3 beeps = memory issues, this may also include any memory that the graphics solution relies on for support.

Mind if I ask, why the need to type in large blue text.

Advertisements

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

No ram, monitor plugged into MB, no beeps.  Reply #32:  Ram in, monitor plugged into MB, video card removed....no beeps.

Sorry about the text...shows up normal on this end.

I can't think of anything I haven't tried.  

Edited by Quartz, Yesterday, 11:38 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,973 posts
No ram, monitor plugged into MB, no beeps.  Reply #32:  Ram in, monitor plugged into MB, video card removed....no beeps.

Not good news I`m afraid  :(

Highest failure rates are as follow PSU, MB, CPU, if it were the PSU the system would not power up and the fact that it does and is able to power the cooling fans etc suggests that there is enough juice being produced to power the CPU and onboard graphics, no error beeps with the RAM removed from the board suggests that it is the MB and being that MBs are more prone to failure than CPUs it does again point more to a bad MB.

Inspect the MB to see if there are any bad caps, to help with what to look for, see here

Something that i would suggest you do if you can, make sure that your screen is working ok by hooking something else up to it, a notebook type computer etc will do.

Quartz

Quartz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

I have never installed a MB & CPU.  Think I should try it?   Any suggestions of MB & CPU to buy?

I can't complain.  This has been a great PC & easy to work on up to this point.  I think it was built in 2012, & it has beat every HP & DELL that I've owned.  

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Quartz, Yesterday, 01:12 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,973 posts

Hello Quartz,

Any chance that you can get back to us regarding the other two points that I mentioned in my reply #37.

Before purchasing a new MB and CPU I would suggest that you have your computer checked out closer to home by a suitably qualified tech, you may find that the cost of a new PC is less than it would cost for repairing the present system.