I tried the Microsoft tool, then after loading Office 2013 again, still got the usual message "Error 25004. The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine. This is most likely due to previous Office 2013 trials being installed. (System error:- 1073422314).
As I have said before, I did not have the option of entering a product key, and no 2013 trials have been installed.
Microsoft says, "This issue occurs when you try to install a Windows Installer (MSI)-based version of Office 2013 on a computer on which the computer manufacturer has already installed a version of Microsoft Office 2013."
Not sure what operating system you are using, but these may work even on Win 10. According to Microsoft:
To resolve this issue, uninstall the existing version of Microsoft Office. To do this, follow the steps for the version of Windows that you are running.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- In the search box, type Control Panel.
- Tap or click Control Panel, tap or click Programs, and then tap or click Programs and Features.
- Select the Microsoft Office 2013, and then tap or click Uninstall.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
- Select the Microsoft Office 2013, and then click Uninstall.
Might also read: Error 25004. The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine. This is most likely due to a previous Office 2016 trials being installed. (System error: -1073422314) Setup failed.
Causes of Error 25004
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Microsoft Office software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Microsoft Office-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Microsoft Office-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted Microsoft Office-related files.
If you are using Win 10 and have set the Controlled Folder Access options, you might go into setting and look at any folders blocked related to the install. You will have to allow an app through ControllFolder Access. Look at the recently blocked apps.