Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer running slowly and possibly infected with MalWare and/or Viru

• Please log in to reply

ekstatman

ekstatman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Hi iMacg3,

Attached are the two logs requested.

Thanks,

Ekstatman

Attached Files

Advertisements

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts
Hi ekstatman,

---------------------------------------------------
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool - Fix
  • Highlight the contents of the below code box and press Ctrl + C on your keyboard:
    Start::
    CreateRestorePoint:
    FirewallRules: [UDP Query User{2A313E1C-EC48-46B3-B389-4FD903DAC261}C:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe] => (Block) C:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe (Mozilla Corporation -> Mozilla Corporation)
    FirewallRules: [TCP Query User{D450EB3B-8A39-40E7-9F62-69B2D206ED35}C:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe] => (Block) C:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe (Mozilla Corporation -> Mozilla Corporation)
    End::
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
  • Double-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe to run it.
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
    Note: No need to paste the script into FRST.
  • Restart the computer if prompted.
  • When the fix is complete FRST will generate a log in the same location it was run from (Fixlog.txt)
  • Please copy and paste its contents into your reply.

In your next reply, please include:
  • Fixlog.txt
  • Let me know how the computer is doing.

ekstatman

ekstatman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Fixlog.txt is below:

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 02-02-2020 02
Ran by Tiffany (03-02-2020 22:58:34) Run:2
Running from C:\Users\Tiffany\Desktop
Loaded Profiles: Tiffany (Available Profiles: Tiffany & TiffanyK & DefaultAppPool)
Boot Mode: Normal
==============================================

fixlist content:
CreateRestorePoint:
FirewallRules: [UDP Query User{2A313E1C-EC48-46B3-B389-4FD903DAC261}C:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe] => (Block) C:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe (Mozilla Corporation -> Mozilla Corporation)
FirewallRules: [TCP Query User{D450EB3B-8A39-40E7-9F62-69B2D206ED35}C:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe] => (Block) C:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe (Mozilla Corporation -> Mozilla Corporation)

Restore point was successfully created.
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\\UDP Query User{2A313E1C-EC48-46B3-B389-4FD903DAC261}C:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe" => removed successfully
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\\TCP Query User{D450EB3B-8A39-40E7-9F62-69B2D206ED35}C:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe" => removed successfully

==== End of Fixlog 22:59:34 ====

As far a show the computer is doing...after the previous run of the FRST "fix" and then the Adware Cleanup, the computer was much better. However, just tonight, it froze after booting up and when I did a hard reboot, it took longer than normal to come online. Even opening Photoshop and a picture within Photoshop lagged. The web lagged as well.

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts
Hi ekstatman,

Clean Boot
  • Press the Windows Key + R. Type msconfig and click on OK.
  • msconfig will now open. Click on the Services tab, then check the Hide all Microsoft services box. Select Disable all.
  • Click on the Startup tab, then select Open Task Manager. In Task Manager, navigate to the Startup tab. Select each startup item and click Disable until all are disabled.
  • Close the Task Manager and return to MSConfig. Click OK and restart the computer.
  • Test your computer performance.
Let me know how the computer is doing in Clean Boot mode.

ekstatman

ekstatman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Hi iMacg3,

I did all the tasks as prescribed above. The computer took 2-3 minutes to restart and get to the point where I could enter my password. Upon entering the password, the desktop appeared right away, whereas before there was a significant lag. One other thing. When I launched Microsoft Edge to enter this post, Microsoft Edge took about 30 seconds to find the site. I was using my phone while waiting and my internet connection seemed to be fine.

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts
Hi ekstatman,

Please do the following:
  • Press the Windows key + R, type msconfig and click OK.
  • Click the Services tab, then Hide all Microsoft entries. Check the top half of the unchecked entries and restart the computer.
  • If startup time remains the same then check another entry and restart the computer. Repeat as necessary.
  • If startup time slows down then uncheck one of the checked entries and restart the computer. Repeat as necessary.
List the names of the service(s) causing the issue in your reply.