Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10-BSOD (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer JohnGo , 12 March 2020 - 03:16 PM

OK. I'll do that.Thanks again for all the assistance from you.  Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

The latest two crashes were caused by the exact same HP software that you were asked to uninstall back in my reply #4 on Feb 27th 2020, not quite sure how we can help if folk don`t do as asked tbh.

Advertisements

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

In response to your instruction in post #4 about disconnect and uninstall the Hp printer software, this is what I did:   I went to "SETTINGS, DEVICES, PRINTERS & SCANNERS, HP DESKJET 4100 SERIES. I clicked REMOVE DEVICE.  Maybe it didn't completely uninstall.  

If there is a more thorough way to uninstall the printer software I would like to have those steps.

Thank You.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

That does not uninstall the printer software, in Windows 10 you should check in the Apps > Apps & features area of the Action Centre.

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
✓  Best Answer

OK. I'll do that.

Thanks again for all the assistance from you. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Any idea why your thread is marked as being solved ?

You are welcome  :thumbsup:

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

I checked "solved", based of your post #29.  If you have more instruction for me, please advise.  

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Crossed wires, I am happy to help folk for as long as it needs but likewise I will not help if they don`t help me to help them by following any suggested steps or if they are in any way discourteous.

Apologies for the delay getting back to you btw, I was not around yesterday I`m afraid.

Any more BSOD since you uninstalled the HP software, if no, how much and what type of use has the computer had, if yes, upload any crash dmps for us if you will.

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

No BSOD. I uninstalled the hp4135 shortly after your post #33.  I have had the computer mostly running standby since then (with minimal usage). I will be editing audio most all this afternoon. Will give you an update afterwards.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Good on both counts, if no BSOD this afternoon we can go to the next step, let us know when you are ready.

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

No BSOD. I have finished a half day of working the computer editing audio and burning cd discs.

Note: Before you began helping with this BSOD problem, I used the computer exactly as I mentioned above and it would BSOD so often some sessions that I started saving my work every 10 mins. on the timeline just to be safe.. 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Good news and 100% confirms that the HP software was the cause of the issue.

If not done already, create a new system restore point for the now stable settings.

Post back and let us know if you still have the installation disk that shipped with the HP Deskjet F4135 All-in-One Printer.

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

New restore point created. I have the original installation disc. It lists HP Deskjet F4100 series.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

With the printers USB cable disconnected from the computer, install the HP software from the disk and only connect the USB cable when you get an onscreen message asking you to do so.

Post back with an update when done.

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Following your instructions above, then at about 42% install on the progress bar this error message popped up.

Errror F4135.jpg

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

After I sent the above post I started closing out the on screen error message. The next screen asked if I wanted to delete the portion of failed installed software and retry. I checked yes and it cleared out the failed installation and then began installing the 2nd time.  This time it completed successfully. I ran several print jobs and all was good at this time.