Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New HP laptop will not log on to Yahoo Mail, but PC will.

Best Answer zep516 , 25 March 2020 - 04:38 PM

Hello scomar, Power the Laptop downAlso restart your modem / router by powering it down and starting it back up, by un plugging it and re plugging it in. Restart everything and see if you... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

scomar

scomar

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Hello,

Just got a new HP laptop (15-bs144wm) Windows 10 Home.  Only thing I have done with the laptop is to remove the bloatware.

I downloaded Chrome and went to Yahoo Mail.  Enter username, then password.  It sits there and spins , then says site can't be reached.  There were a couple time when I used the back page button and it went back a page and put me into my mail.  I have no issue signing in on my PC.  Also tried Edge to log on with the same results.  Have no issue logging in to my gmail on the laptop.  Using windows defender as my firewall.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello scomar,

Power the Laptop down

Also restart your modem / router by powering it down and starting it back up, by un plugging it and re plugging it in.

Restart everything and see if you can connect to:

https://www.yahoo.com/

scomar

scomar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Thanks Zep