Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need your advice

development

• Please log in to reply

Jonathann

Jonathann

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a physical store, unfortunately not online. However, with this situation in the world, I want to go online.

Maybe someone would advise me developers who could do it in a very short time? Also, in general, is it possible to do it in a short period of time?

Thanks!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Hello Jonathann,

Some ideas here linked below.

https://blog.boldcom...an-online-store

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

I have a physical store, unfortunately not online. However, with this situation in the world, I want to go online.

Maybe someone would advise me developers who could do it in a very short time? Also, in general, is it possible to do it in a short period of time?

Thanks!

Time setting up a site for selling depends on the type of store you have. Good info in the blog link given is well worth reading. It would be worth your while to learn to use coding software that practically does everything for you. CoffeeCup's Site Designer is one. Plenty of video tuts and good support. They have a Community with many knowledgeable people that will help you. Aside from a domain name, along with all the bells and whistles to ensure a secure site, you may need to set up a method for collecting payments, etc.. I did code a simple site for someone years ago that used PayPal but she sold Homeschooling DVDs along with a lot of information on what was covered, how to use the lessons, and more.  Her site was very simple and didn't involve any server-side languages. Some JavaScript was needed. She has passed away and I shut down all 4 sites I made for her so can't list the site.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Nice post AstraNut

zep

Jonathann

Jonathann

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Okay, what about if I will do that by myself witht he help of some guides and tutorials?

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Okay, what about if I will do that by myself witht he help of some guides and tutorials?

One thing about doing it yourself is that you will not depend on some costly developer, you will be able to keep the site updated yourself, you will be only one knowing password accessing your Control Panel (CP), etc.. You have to purchase your own domain so you need to think of one that is untaken and fits your business model. Since you have a physical store, you can take your own photos of the outside, inside, the products you have and more. Or, of course, you can hire someone to do it for you. Might get some tips on how to take the best photos to show off your store and products,

There are plenty of tutorials to get you started. You have a choice to use the hosting site's CP and other tools they give you without buying any software. A good hosting site will provide all the tools you need to get a store up and running along with the support needed. Many have template themes you can select if you wish. Not sure, but they may provide a payment method you can select so you can use credit cards and/or PayPal. You just need to make sure you get a good hosting site with good support.

I've used CoffeCup's (CC) HTML Editor software to do the sites I made. Since none required serverside coding, I was able to code to the current HTML doc-type and CSS. All have really improved. All CC's software have online tutorials and a community to help. They even have hosting which blends in with their software making uploading/downloading/editing/etc very easy. I do not represent or have any affiliation with CC. I just use their software. There are many other editors if you decide not to use the hosting site's CP editor. Many free as well as some of CC's editors free.

David jack123

David jack123

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Thanks!

Dear Jonathan,

you want to establish online store then first you make your website or  application then need to promote it then your may be some more customer came online and purchase it.

You can also contact selling site they can help you.

Good luck