Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 Error Message

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

MikeBack

MikeBack

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Good day

My desktop has started to shut down every few minutes .  It displays the message "Errors detected, computer will restart" or something similar.

It then does a count down and restarts.

Once it has restarted it will suddenly give me a black screen and either  shutdown again or slowly come back to life and then shutdown a little bit later without any warning when I try to click on something.

The computer has not been used for some days due to the Covid 19 nonsense, although it ahs been on all the time and I have not down loaded any thing lately.

Please can someone help me.

Thanking you in advance

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Once the computer has restarted see if you are able to restart in Safe Mode from within Windows and see if the computer will remain running;

Click the Windows-button → Power.
Hold down the shift key and click Restart.
Click the option Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.
Go to “Advanced options” and click Start-up Settings.
Under “Start-up Settings” click Restart.
Various boot options are displayed. ...
Windows 10 starts in Safe Mode.

Post back and let us know how you get on.

MikeBack

MikeBack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Hi Phillpower2 I have tried to reboot the system as you suggested.

it did not just start up in Safe Made on it's own, I had to select option 4 to start up in Safe Mode.

Once it started up in Safe Mode  it went to a blue screen and gave the same error message and restarted.

It will now only start in Administrator Mode and keeps flashing a black screen and then resuming.  If I try to close  the programme and open another it goes to the blue screen with the error message and restarts. 

John Bull

John Bull

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

If the error message BSOD is anything like -

HRkeemi.jpg

You have a problem.

MikeBack

MikeBack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Hi John Bull

That's exactly the screen that pops up.

Is it worthwhile doing a restore to a date prior to the computer doing haywire.

Where can I find out if Windows 10 downloaded and installed an upgrade during the time that it was sitting unused but still on?

Every now and then whilst working the screen goes black. Sometimes it comes back and then at other times it goes to the error screen as you posted.

It will still only allow me to log in as the Administrator.  Wil not accept my old password to log in as Mike Backler

Thanks for the help

MikeBack