Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

x I think its a desktop hijacker. o_o

• Please log in to reply

xSt1cks

xSt1cks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
x Alright. So yesterday morning I woke up and looked at my desktop. My original desktop was totally gone and this was in the middle:

Posted Image

Im sitting here like what the [bleep] and i left click and try to look at my display properties but half the stuff in there is gone:

Posted Image

I am very angry at this point, later I get a pop up from this spy program that somehow got into my computer (i think it came with it, its called spysheriff or something) and it says if I want to delete this problem I have to purchase the software. Im staring at it saying no.

And um...this really sucks. haha. Does anyone know what this problem is or how to fix it? I scanned it with spysweeper, microsoft adaware, and norton and nothing came up. Somepeople from the VGDC forums said that im screwed and might need to format. Can someone help me?! I will love you so bad! :>

Please help meh. >_<

Advertisements

xSt1cks

xSt1cks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
!UPDATE!

Okay. I used ad-aware. The blue screen is gone but my display properties remained the same. I dont have spysheriff anymore and the spy thing is gone but why are my display properties still like this?