Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

YouTube won't allow me to comment

• Please log in to reply

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

When ever I try to comment I get an error.

"We weren't able to add your reply. Please try again."

Or I get

"Error try again"

Is the problem on YouTube's end? I never commented anything bad.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,601 posts

Here's what I found

If you want to comment now, you'll have to use either your existing Google+ account (which you likely linked to YouTube recently when Google did a large merge of accounts) or create a YouTube channel with a new name. ... It may help to think of "channel" as another name for a YouTube-specific account.

Once Google decided to retire Google Plus, YouTube set a new requirement for comments. One can neither comment nor reply to same or enter live chat unless you create an actual YouTube channel. You don’t need to upload videos to it, but owning a channel is now necessary for social interaction on YouTube.

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

I have a Google Account and I was able to comment before, it just stopped working. As far as I know my account is in good standing.