Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Search

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

joseph456

joseph456

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Having trouble using Windows Search.  Typically it has "Recent" on the left and "Quick Searches" on the right.  Then "Quick Searches" disappeared.  I was able to restore it by running the Troubleshooter.  However, when I restart it disappears again and I have to run the troubleshooter again.  Even better it showed the temperature in the upper left.  Now once again after an update I have to use the troubleshooter.  Trying to figure out how to manage this program.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Hi joseph456

Windows are having many issues with Windows Search. If you are after something to just search for files on your computer then I recommend Agent Ransack.

A free version is available it work really well. https://www.mythicso...nsack/download/

If you want to keep using Windows Search you will have to keep resetting. Read this here https://docs.microso...lems that apply.

Cheers

Peterm

joseph456

joseph456

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Thanks.  Search works but every time I restart or after an update I have to keep using the Troubleshooter (as an administrator).  Are there any other more permanent fixes?

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

If you read the second link Microsoft are still having problems

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

If the previous suggestions don't fix the problem, let us know by sending feedback in the Feedback Hub.

From Microsoft site