Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer does not recognize newly installed printer

Canon printer

Best Answer zep516 , 20 February 2021 - 03:48 PM

Hello jsaklas, See link below for possible solution. https://community.us...ter/td-p/206465 Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

jsaklas

jsaklas

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

My Canon MX 880 just sort of died, so want to install a used Canon MX922.  I'm operating a fairly new Dell Desktop running Windows 10.

I added the 922 in the Printers window and it shows the printer as "Ready" with the green check mark.

The computer is connected via a cable to a USB port on the  computer.

I downloaded the appropriate driver from Canon   mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe   when I run this program it hangs up at the "Connect Cable" window with the  error message:  Caution! Cannot detect the printer.  Check that the printer is on and that the cable ...............etc., etc.

Help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello jsaklas,

See link below for possible solution.

https://community.us...ter/td-p/206465

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Thank you.  In doing as you suggested, the printer loaded a Diagnose and Repair program that WORKED.  It appears it had to change to which LPT USB the printer was connected.

The problem has been solved.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

You're welcome !