Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Find Chrome Bookmark file in crashed drive

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Because your drive crashed, Windows has automatically set chkdsk to run at start up to fix errors.

I want to find out if Windows thinks here is errors on your new drive and has set cgkdisk to run.

With only the W10 drive connected.

Boot.   Does chkdsk run?   Yes or No?

Advertisements

killbill1231

killbill1231

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

^ when I start the PC with just the new Windows 10 1TB SSD it doesn't do any checkdic or anything out of the ordinary.

When I start with both connected, it says PRESS ANY KEY TO SKIP (and then says something like scanning drive errors) and I've let that go through but didn't fix anything and usually skip it now. 

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

OK.

With only the W10 drive connected.

Boot > start Chrome > log in.

Go to this page > https://support.goog...r/3024190?hl=en

Just under Step 1 > click the link "Go to the Download your Date []  page."

Go down to Create a New Export..

If you are lucky, there will be a list of your data with ticked boxes. > on the right, click Deselect all > go down the list and tick the boxesChrome

Bookmarks, history and other settings from Chrome +  Contacts.

Go to the bottom of the page, > click  2. Choose File Type, Frequency and Destination.

​accept all the defaults . then click  Create Export. 

When your download is completed, on the new window, > click the Download arrow and follow the prompts. 

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 445 posts
You are already being helped with this problem at another forum ... https://www.techsupp...-drive.1247025/

Where you created a second topic on the subject, just as you have done here.

Looks very much like you are trolling to me.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Thanks Gary, was aware of the OP having ongoing threads on various forums and had advised them of the following at one such thread;

Yesterday at 10:55 AM

killbill1231,

You had already been offered assistance with this on at least one other forum before you post here.

We are always happy to help when we can but we cannot safely do so if you are already receiving assistance on any other forum, doing so may lead to confusion as to whose and what guidance you are following which can be both dangerous and costly, decide on which forum you wish to continue and as a courtesy let the other/s know that assistance is no longer required.

Thank you for your understanding.

Yesterday at 11:53 AM

killbill1231,

You have continued to post and receive assistance elsewhere, second time of asking, decide on which forum you wish to continue else you leave us no alternative but to close this thread.

To which the OP replied again today;

Today at 12:18 AM

ok sorry I won't cross post anything

It is clear that the OP has no regards for others that need help having to wait so will go ahead and close this thread to free up the time of iammykyl.

NB: BC thread here as well.