Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Your device ran into a problem

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

traindriver

traindriver

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

when I print with my Epson Artisan 1430 printer I keep getting :

Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. Were collecting error info and then you can restart.

this ahs cost me a lot of anger with everything from printing documents to photos.

Advertisements

garioch7

garioch7

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 62 posts

traindriver:

I would recommend that you uninstall the printer.  Go to the Epson website and get the latest driver package and then do a reinstall.  It sounds to me like a corrupt or incompatible printer driver/software package.

Let us know how you make out.  Good luck and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

traindriver

traindriver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Thanks seems to work for now.

traindriver

traindriver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Got the same problem again. when I print the pc goes into "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. Were collecting error info and then you can restart."

I'm over windows. can you please help. already uninstalled and reinstalled the software and drivers.

buddywiser

buddywiser

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

That is a windows problem already not the printer. Usually it is a problem with the RAM or a hard disk issue. If you have your windows cd you can run the diagnostic and repair your computer. 

patriarchmongolian

patriarchmongolian

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

That is a windows problem already not the printer. Usually it is a problem with the RAM or a hard disk issue. If you have your windows cd you can run the diagnostic and repair your computer. 

I experienced this problem and indeed it was a Windows problem. I just reformatted and reinstalled my windows and it's working find already.

traindriver

traindriver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I don't have a windows cd as in had windows 7 and then automatically updated to 10.

so how can I fix it? cant windows diagnostic it or repair, how do I just reformat it? 

traindriver

traindriver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I have reinstalled windows and am having the same problem. Can no one help? please.