Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN

• Please log in to reply

GuyWhoNeedsHelp

GuyWhoNeedsHelp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey everybody

I was just wondering if its possible with MSN, to notify me when a particular person comes onine? Like for trillian (http://www.trillian.cc/), which I used to use, I know that there was this option where you right click on one of your contacts and click something, and when that person, and that person only, comes online, it will make a noise on my computer.
I know MSN has this thing: "Play a sound when contacts sign in or send a message" but I don't want to play a sound when everybody signs in, I just want to play a sound (or some other notification) when a certain person signs in.
Is there a plugin or anything that will let me do this?
It doesn't have to be a sound either... I just want any kind of notification, like a flash or something... (but I guess sound would be less annoying)

Thanks!!

p.s. Also, if you guys don't know the solution... are there any other forums like this where I can ask for help? I found this site by googling "Msn help" and it was one of the first ones on the list.

Advertisements

Hawker

Hawker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
there is a program called Gaim that allows you to do that. it runs multiple clients all at the same time, within the same window, so you have a buddy list with AIM, MSN, and ICQ buddys listed together. go online and download gaim, and create an MSN account with your hotmail login, and same password, and AIM if you have it. when you get it installed, go up to tools, and select 'buddy pounce' click on the person you want, and check 'sign on' under pounce when, and click 'play sound' when they login. you can also have it send them a message, execute a command, and do a few other things. do a google search for 'gaim download'