Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Music crashing + soundcards

• Please log in to reply

dixdix

dixdix

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi. My main problem is that I can't open my My Music folder without it crashing and closing the folder. I can load songs from it, just not look at it in explorer. I am trying to run two soundcards on my laptop, as I have a firewire card for recording and making music which is used most of the time, but I also sometimes unplug that and use the crappy onboard card if I'm moving around the house. I've had a couple of blue screens from this, and I'm pretty sure its to do with conflicting drivers or sumthing, so i've disabled the onboard soundcard for now, but its still happening. Any ideas? Its also occasionally causing other problems like the volume randomly resetting but they've stopped for the time being...

Edited by dixdix, 20 June 2005 - 09:18 AM.

Advertisements

dixdix

dixdix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
anyone???