Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Website

• Please log in to reply

Heavy Metal Geek

Heavy Metal Geek

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok, I am in a band, I play bass, and Im the band's computer nerd. I have the .com, myspace, xanga. All that good stuff. I made a website, and I was wondering if you would rate it on a scale from 1-10, with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best.

Note:
please do not subtract because we don't have music or videos, because we are a new band, and the video we have of us playing is going to take a lot of work to turn to streaming because of how we have it.

Thanks.

-LaRue

Internal Demise

Edited by Heavy Metal Geek, 20 June 2005 - 03:09 PM.

Advertisements

fleming

fleming

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
A few things as a suggestion, please do not take anything to be offensive, these are just my opinions.

Try to stay away from RED on BLACK, it gives the wrong impression, i understand the type of music, but if you look at those other band websites they use red on black sparingly, if at all.

Secondly, you have purple text on an image background, makes it very hard to read.
I would either fade the background a bit more, then use a lighter colour (if you look at how slipnot does it) they use white text on a dark background with an image.

Some of the font you use is very hard to read. Although you are trying to show the user that your a metal band, you can still do that without using badly made fonts.

Lastly, i would refrain from using big bold text on some pages and green, purple text on others. Try to use at most 4 colours. You can use a bold red (not too bright) to show as a heading, mybe use some grey to display something else, and then use white text so that it is easier on the eyes.

At this point, if you were asking me to rate from 1-10 i would have to give it a 3. I am sure with some help and direction from the board you can bump that up to a close 10.

Good Luck!

Fleming

Heavy Metal Geek

Heavy Metal Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks flemming, I will take all your advice into consideration.

I was planning on taking off the fonts because I have to turn them into images for people to be able to read them as that font, and that makes it very hard to change. What colors do you suggest using for the text?

Red and Black are our main colors... that's why I used them so much

If you have any suggestions about anything, just tell me, this is my first website... so I would like to make it good.

:tazz: -LaRue

Smithy05

Smithy05

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yeh he's right i cud hardly read the text ;). Scary background :tazz:

Kry

Kry

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I would suggest getting rid of the opening page; it is one of my pet peeves. I tells me nothing. When I surf I am looking for something, I feel like I am wasting my time going to pages with no value. If you want to get your logo across to the viewer, that is easy have it (in the same spot) on every page. Same comment with the merchandise link, easy enough to add when you have something.

I would also suggest merging the band members and contact w/ pictures of each all on one page.

I like white with the dark background. I wouldn't lighten the background, dark is better for the scene you are setting.

Has your parents seen the site?! :tazz: