Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp SVCProc System Startup Service

• Please log in to reply

Rob Y

Rob Y

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Guys I had the Aurora Trojan in my system.
Followed the instructions left by Crusty Old Bloke to remove it and was succesfull.
Only problem is that after deleting the SVCProc file using" hijack this" my Norton does not automaticlly enter auto protect mode on start up and I'm having a couple of network issues with my laptop
How do I reinstall a clean version of this file?
Is this possible with out a Windows repair ?
Below are the set of instuctions that caused me grief.
Hope to hear from you soon
cheers
Rob :tazz:

System Startup Service (SvcProc)

When you find it, double-click on it. In the next window that opens, click the Stop button, then click on properties and under the General Tab, change the Startup Type to Disabled. Now hit Apply and then OK.

Run HiJackThis. Click on None of the above, just start the program. Now, click on the Config button (bottom right), then click on Misc Tools, then click on Delete an NT Service a window will pop up. Enter this item into that field (copy and paste):

System Startup Service (SvcProc)

Click OK.

Advertisements