Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ABIT NF7-S mobo

• Please log in to reply

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
ok, rember way back when in april when i got my new computer, well, my NF7-S mobo, the chipset fan heatsink combo on the nForce 2 SPP chip broke, well, the blades did, i was play Everquest when the fan started making a funny noise, so o shut down the computer, and in the morning, i got up[ and looked, and what do i see, but broken fan blades from it in my comput6er case! and no best buy won't sent it back to ABIT and the only phone number for ABIT is long distance (it is a california number, i am in IL!) so, i may end up having to buy a new one, and ABIT web site don't seem to have one, can anybody please recomend a solution or a product to use to replace it, and tell me if the fan heatsink is really necessasry, but i got it sittin gont he chip., just no power tot he fan, but it is still acting as a heat sink an di got the case iopen, so, hopefully no damge gets done

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hi Eddy! <_<

Is this the heat sink fan for the processor, or for the chipset?

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
chipset

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
oh, BTW, nmaes steve, not Eddie, Eddie is the name of the zombie in my avitar, lol, if you didn't know, he is the Iron Maiden mascott

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'd email support at ABIT. Chances are they'll just send you a new one fan at no charge. <_<