Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen on startup

• Please log in to reply

mcphee

mcphee

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi when i turn my computer on i get a blue screen and it says system halt please restart your computer and i dont no y its saying that i woz allrite earlier on today but now its not can any1 help thanks. :tazz:

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Have you added any new programs, software or updates befor this happened

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
can you boot in to safe mode?
How to Start Windows Me in Safe Mode
If Windows Me does not start normally, try to start your computer in Safe mode. When you start Windows Me in Safe mode, many Windows Me device drivers are disabled and the standard VGA display driver is used.

To start Windows Me in Safe mode, press and hold down the CTRL key while you restart your computer, and then choose Safe Mode on the Windows Me Startup menu.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Try this
Safe Mode Troubleshooter is a component of Help and Support. This troubleshooter is designed to help you discover any issues that may prevent Windows from starting normally.

When you start the computer in safe mode, the troubleshooter is displayed automatically. To run Safe Mode Troubleshooter, click Next to run the troubleshooter, and then click the link to run the System Restore utility.

If you do not want to run the troubleshooter, click the Close (X) button in the upper-right corner to close the troubleshooter.

To manually start Safe Mode Troubleshooter, click Start, point to Run, type the following command, and then click OK:
hcp://help/tshoot00/w0safemode.htm