Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Again

• Please log in to reply

bennydog

bennydog

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
I got the newist nortons it said basicly to put my computer in safe mode,
how do i put the thing in safe mode i tried it but a lot of code poped out any way else to delete this Trojen???? :tazz:
;)

Advertisements

stevecraig12

stevecraig12

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
to put your computer in safe mode, when its starting press F8, then select safe mode from the list, it should bring up a whole list of files its loading, so just wait and be patient
also try an online virus scan, like trend micro - housecall
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
and try symantecs if you can find it on their website - i think its www.symantec.com/security or www.symantec.com/securitycheck

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you can also try http://ewido.net/ and download the trial version. install, update and the reboot into safe mode to run the scan.

I highly recomend that you follow the instructions here

and use our malware forum.

thanks,
Starjax

gilazilla

gilazilla

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
for trojan horses,"Webroot spysweeper" and "search and destroy" usually is good enough. And get urself a firewall like Zonealarm to prevent new infections.