Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Constant viruses coming into my computer!

• Please log in to reply

Shad0w

Shad0w

• Pip
  • 4 posts
OK, my bit defender keeps blocking constant viruses that just randomly comes into my computer. I kno this is good to keep it blocked but its getting really annoying. I'm actually quite scared at the moment cause i dont want a virus to come. Can anyone please tell me why this is happening or how to stop it? This just happened today and randomly 50 trojans and 5 worms tried to enter my computer. I'm also running XP

EDIT i also have a problem with my task manager. When i do Ctrl + Alt+dEL IT DOES NOTHING. i already tried enabling it manually and it still doesnt work.

Edited by Shad0w, 21 June 2005 - 01:25 PM.

Advertisements

b man

b man

• Pip
  • 7 posts
What antivirus program are you running? Do you have a firewall running on your computer? Lastly, try installing a spyware removal program and see if you have any spyware on your computer.

Shad0w

Shad0w

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
done all that and it seems to be calming down. i also have to solve my task manager problem.

Kristy

Kristy

Visiting Consultant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
Hello Shad0w,

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

~Kristy

screwy_looie

screwy_looie

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
i dont get it wot happens wen u post a hjt log

Kristy

Kristy

Visiting Consultant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

i dont get it wot happens wen u post a hjt log

View Post

When you post a hijackthis log, a staff member will analyze it and help with getting rid of any viruses/trojans/malware etc.

~Kristy

Shad0w

Shad0w

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you very much for your help.

EDIT: Your link to the forum lead me to some map place :S any new URL's to tell me?

Edited by Shad0w, 21 June 2005 - 04:02 PM.

Kristy

Kristy

Visiting Consultant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
That's weird, sorry about that. Try this http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html

~Kristy