Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

InstallShield Wizard problem

• Please log in to reply

Toecrusher

Toecrusher

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been trying to install the game Battlefield 2 on my PC (Pentium 4, 2.4 GHZ, 1024 MB RAM). However, after I press install, the InstallShield installer seems to gets stuck instantly whilst displaying the message "configuring your new software installation". The same thing happened when I tried to uninstall another game, Delta Force Xtreme, and also when I tried to install the MYOB Accounting program. I thought that maybe re-installing Service Pack 2 might help - but unfortunately that too uses the InstallShield Wizard and got stuck on the "inspecting configuration" message. The only way I can quit the installation from here is to End Task from the Task Manager.

I've tried installing other programs, and it seems that only those programs that use the InstallShield Wizard are affected by this problem.

I have been to their Consumer Support website, and also downloaded the latest Installation Engine, but no luck.

Just as an aside, the InstallShield wizard on my second PC works. So I tried to overwrite the InstallShield folder on my main PC with the Install Shield folder from my second PC. This too failed to solve the problem. Please help!!

Thanks

Advertisements