Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Messenger and Chat keep shutting down...

• Please log in to reply

sheepboy

sheepboy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I can use most of the functions in Yahoo messenger.

When I try to Chat or IM, however, the messenger automatically closes

and I get a message requesting if I'd like to send the error report.

This is the event message I'm getting:

Faulting application ypager.exe, version 6.0.0.1922, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

And these are the error details - I still cannot understand how to fix it. Please help. Thanks.

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1000
Source: Application Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_USERCRASH_LOG
Message: Faulting application %1, version %2, faulting module %3, version %4, fault address 0x%5.

Explanation
The indicated program stopped unexpectedly. The message contains details on which program and module stopped. A matching event with Event ID 1001 might also appear in the event log. This matching event displays information about the specific error that occurred.

User Action
If an error report was generated for this error, you might be able to obtain more information about the error by sending the report to Microsoft for analysis.

What to expect

Microsoft actively analyzes all error reports and prioritizes them based on the number of customers affected by the error signature contained in the report. When a report is submitted, Microsoft will try to determine the cause of the error, categorize it according to the type of issue encountered, and send you relevant information when such information is available. However, because error reports do not always contain enough information to positively identify the source of the issue, Microsoft may need to collect a number of similar reports from other customers before a pattern is discovered. Although Microsoft might not be able to provide a solution for your particular error at this time, all information submitted is used to further improve the quality and reliability of our products.

Advertisements