Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply

kalder

kalder

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi to everybody!!
I've recently installed Windows Xp Media center. Everything is looking quite fine, but I'm experiencing some system crashes in some moments. The most frequent is when I do: Start / Disconnect/ change account. It always crashes and shows this error page:

"A problem has been dettected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your copmputer. If this is the first time you have seen this message please follow these steps.

Check to be sure you have adequte disk space (I have 250 gbs). If a driver is identified in the Stop Message, disable driver or check for updates. Try changing video adaptors.

Check your hardware vendor for updates and BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. if oyu need to use safe mode to remove or diable components, restart your fomputer, press F8 to select advance startup options, and select safe mode.

Technical information:

Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBFA72F5D, 0xEEF7748C, 0x00000000)
At: 3duag.dll, address: BFA72F5D
base at BFA2100, date stamp: 3edcD62B"

Does anyone have a clue?

I've already updated my bios, just in case...but it keep doing it...
Many thanks!!

Advertisements